James Cook University
Your world-class education begins at James Cook University
What do you see in your future?
Perhaps you would like to save lives? Preserve our oceans? Or work with cutting edge technology?
At James Cook University (JCU), we are here to inspire and support you as you take the next step towards your future success.
Study at our Cairns or Townsville campus and connect with peers and leading experts, study in world-class facilities, and learn from experts in their fields. Graduate with confidence, from a university ranked in the top 300 of universities worldwide. (Academic Ranking of World Universities)
JCU graduates have the perfect balance of technical skills and creative outside-the-box thinking. You’ll be equipped with the expert knowledge and job-ready skills to stand out in your chosen career path. We emphasise practical, immersive learning – making JCU graduates highly employable. Field trips and practical placements are just some of the real-world experiences on offer at JCU.
Make lifelong connections and succeed in your career – while you live and study in one of the most beautiful places in the world.
- Get a world-class education
- Access to leading academics
- Field and lab time, work-integrated learning programs and internships
- Join global leaders in research, marine sciences, biodiversity and tropical ecology
- Make the most of our warm, sunny climate and enjoy sun, beach, rainforest, and the Australian outback
- Hands-on learning in spectacular, World Heritage listed reefs and rainforests
- Develop job-ready skills in state-of-the-art facilities
- Achieve exceptional employment outcomes
- Benefit from small class sizes
- Connect with professional networks
- Utilise financial support through JCU scholarships
- Make friends and enjoy on-campus accommodation options
- Experience Australian culture in a welcoming and diverse community
JCU research facilities
Our campuses and research hubs are on the doorstep of some of the world’s most spectacular environments, including the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park and rainforests of the Wet Tropics. We are home to a number of important research institutes, offering students opportunities to put their skills into practice.
- JCU Cairns Institute http://jcu.edu.au/cairnsinstitute
- JCU Australian Institute of Tropical Health and Medicine http://aithm.jcu.edu.au
- JCU Daintree Rainforest Observatory http://jcu.edu.au/dro
- JCU Orpheus Island Research http://jcu.edu.au/oir
- JCU Marine Aquaculture Research Facility http://jcu.edu.au/marf
- ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies http://coralcoe.org.au
- Australian Institute of Marine Science – AIMS@JCU http://aims.jcu.edu.au
- JCU eResearch Centre http://eresearch.jcu.edu.au
- JCU Advanced Analytical Centre http://jcu.edu.au/aac
- JCU Fletcherview Research Centre http://jcu.edu.au/fletcherview
Find your course
We offer study programs from pathway programs through to higher research degrees in a range of discipline areas.
- Arts and Social Sciences
- Biomedical Sciences
- Environmental Management
- Health Studies
- Information Technology
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Occupational Therapy
- Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Science, including Geoscience and Marine Science
- Social Work
- Speech Pathology
- Sport and Exercise Science
- Veterinary and Animal Science
Explore our website to find out more
James Cook University,
SMITHFIELD QLD 4878